Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ho, Ho, Ho?

Merry (you have to pay for it) Christmas!  Bah Humbug!  We went to the mall and I thought, “ I don’t think Mason has ever “met” Santa, so I took him to a special storefront room they set up for the kids to come in and see him.  I think it’s a joke they won’t let you take a picture of your kid with Santa and that if you want a photo, the least you can pay is $15.  Dumb.  So, I let Mason meet him and when he asked Mason what he want, he just stared at him blankly.  I helped him out a bit, “cars.”  And after that, Mason kept repeating  “cars, cars.”  They gave him a cute little paper bear ears Santa hat and a sucker from See’s Candy and called it good. 

A few years ago I had a run-in at this same Mall (University Mall in Orem, UT) with their Santa.  It was when Jared was a toddler and we didn’t have enough money to pay for pictures, so I tried to get him to take a picture with Santa and they told me I could take one but that Santa couldn’t look at my camera because the flash would hurt his eyes.  What a load of crap.  At least have the nerve to own it if you’re being a Scrooge….right?  After that I swore off mall Santa’s until now and looks like it was a repeat of the same situation.  Lame.Mason & the Mall Santa 2012

Anyway, it was worth a try and in my little rebellion, I took this picture of Mason with the lovely Mall Santa in the background.  Merry Christmas Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment