Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Date With Jared

040

Something I look forward to, that I’m afraid we aren’t consistent enough with, are our dates one-on-one with our boys.   I saw that “The Secret Garden” play was playing at the Hale Center Theatre, and knowing Jared was reading that book at school, and he has an affinity for drama, I thought that would be the perfect opportunity.  So…I planned it!  I made Jared guess until the last minute where we were going….it was fun to torture him! 

Jared came home from a soccer game and baseball practice.  You can only imagine how lovely that smelled!  I told him to run inside and change for our date.  He was so excited he could hardly stand it!  So, he ran inside and when he came out his shirt was tucked in (something he NEVER does) and his hair was wet and styled to the side (something else he NEVER does).  It was adorable!  I just wanted to squeeze him tight and tell him how adorable he is and 043how much I love him.  He hopped in the car and said “Mom, can we go somewhere fancy for lunch?”  So, I asked, knowing fully well his definition of “fancy” and mine are two polar opposites.  And, sure enough, he suggested going to IHOP or Pizza Pie Café – a local pizza smorgasbord.   It was so funny!  My rebuttal was to maybe try the new Shakey’s Pizza restaurant that just opened, so we could try something new and he thought that was a great idea!  So, we went to lunch there and then we were off to our play!  He loved it and I loved spending time with my big kid.  It’s sad how fast time flies.  Sometimes it makes me cry.  Time is so funny.  We spend most of our days wishing it away and then when we pause for a moment we want it back.  One of life’s ironies, I guess.  Sometimes when I hug my big kid, I still can feel him on my skin when the Dr. put him against me after he was born. Sounds silly, but us Moms get it.  It’s a sweet memory for me.  Anyway this is getting gushier and more personal than I intended…..I had fun and I LOVE YOU MY JARED! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment